The Account Executive (AE) position is responsible for leading small to medium size jobs for the assigned client and/or project. The position requires good communication skills and attention to detail, along with the ability to learn from the integrated team what constitutes smart strategy and good work. AEs should have a solid understanding of basic marketing tactics and the way an agency works. They should demonstrate a desire to understand their clients’ business and the agency profitability model.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for mastering basic agency processes, developing positive client relationships and developing strong relationships with the integrated team
- Able to proactively and efficiently manage workload, especially as it relates to critical client deadlines and large volume of projects/jobs
- Responsible for client communications on projects the employee manages, including processing work, managing timelines & expectations, alerting clients to revisions or potential challenges
- Responsible for sharing relevant industry and competitive updates
- Lead internal communication and collaboration across departments
- Setting expectations for each team member and output of project
- Establishing clear deliverables and timelines to ensure team alignment
- Operate as the lead on project management in collaboration with Traffic department
- Manage up to Supervisors to keep leadership informed on important client and internal team updates
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the client’s business to evaluate work based on strategy and objectives.
- Earn and maintain a positive relationship with junior members of the client team to further agency partnership and execute tactical work.
- Develop ability to think critically in the development of new work in order to prepare for client feedback or technical roadblocks
- Master basics of agency and client processes within day-to-day workflow
- Act as financial stewards by managing media, production, out of scope project and service fee budgets and billing
- Support team in execution and strategy of integrated creative campaigns across all touch points, including Display, OOH, Broadcast, Social, Search, Online Video, Print & POP
- Serve as role model and teacher to Assistant AEs and Account Coordinators
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different people and work styles
- Experience executing administrative and tactical account work and ability to mentor AAEs and Coordinators in performing those duties
- Experience leading tactical projects including promotional or routine monthly campaigns
- Demonstrated success managing projects, schedules and client deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) required
- Agency experience 3+ years
*Background check required.