Prepare, implement and steward media buys for all assigned clients and markets. The Media Buyer reports to the Media Director.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Negotiates best price for media space or time, as specified in approved media plan, to optimize budget and goals.
· Brainstorms partnership opportunities with vendors to recommend to client as appropriate
· Prepares broadcast orders, insertion orders, traffic instructions and purchase orders as required to secure media.
· Put buy recaps together in presentation format and present to clients as necessary.
· Checks performance of all media as sources permit and levels of service demand.
· Monitors media for placements and time discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
· Maintains close contact with media representatives to be informed of most current data pertaining to their property, as well as the market they reach.
· Attends outside media presentations for purpose of evaluating new information and maintaining rapport with sales representatives.
· Researches and maintains record of trends, innovations and changes that affect media buying.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent pc skills—MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
· Media software (research and buying)
· Strong mathematical and analytical abilities
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
· 4-year college degree
· Two-plus years of related experience in media buying