The Account Executive (AE) position is responsible for leading small to medium size jobs for the assigned client and/or project. The position requires good communication skills and attention to detail, along with the ability to learn from the integrated team what constitutes smart strategy and good work. AEs should have a solid understanding of basic marketing tactics and the way an agency works. They should demonstrate a desire to understand their clients’ business and the agency profitability model.
AE is the primary implementer in charge of execution of agreed-to advertising strategy and creative plans. Partners and communicates directly with Client counterparts to ensure flawless execution of multiple communications plans while acting as the brand steward – maintaining guidelines and brand standards for overall cohesive marketing messages. Ensures alignment and agreements on all necessary approvals. Reviews and adheres to billing and financial agreements to deliver effective solutions within specified time frames and budgets to achieve tactical and organizational advertising and sales goals. Reports to Account Supervisor or higher.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for mastering basic agency processes, developing positive client relationships and developing strong relationships with the integrated team
- Able to proactively and efficiently manage workload, especially as it relates to critical client deadlines and large volume of projects/jobs
- Responsible for client communications on projects the employee manages, including processing work, managing timelines & expectations, alerting clients to revisions or potential challenges
- Responsible for sharing relevant industry and competitive updates
- Lead internal communication and collaboration across departments
- Setting expectations for each team member and output of project
- Establishing clear deliverables and timelines to ensure team alignment
- Operate as the lead on project management in collaboration with Traffic department
- Manage up to Supervisors to keep leadership informed on important client and internal team updates
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the client’s business to evaluate work based on strategy and objectives.
- Earn and maintain a positive relationship with junior members of the client team to further agency partnership and execute tactical work.
- Develop ability to think critically in the development of new work in order to prepare for client feedback or technical roadblocks
- Master basics of agency and client processes within day-to-day workflow
- Act as financial stewards by managing media, production, out of scope project and service fee budgets and billing
- Support team in execution and strategy of integrated creative campaigns across all touch points, including Display, OOH, Broadcast, Social, Search, Online Video, Print & POP
- Serve as role model and teacher to AAEs
- Fluent in Microsoft Office: Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Experience with Email Service Providers is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different people and work styles
- Experience executing administrative and tactical account work and ability to mentor AAEs in performing those duties
- Experience leading tactical projects including promotional or routine monthly campaigns
- Demonstrated success managing projects, schedules and client deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) required
- Agency experience 3+ years
*Background check required. Required to pass a drug test.