The Media Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day coordination/execution and management of media plans. At this level, he/she is expected to have the ability to work more independently, working with his/her supervisors and more of less being the tactician.
The Media Supervisor is required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of their clients’ business and ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Build a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives, helping to translate into digital objectives/strategies.
- Oversee daily workload of the Junior Media Planners and assist in their training and development.
- Begin to manage the daily workflow of all client campaigns, including proposal development, campaign activation and maintenance, and post campaign reporting.
- Manage all aspects of the media plan execution, including issuing insertion orders, tracking spec development and implementation, custom unit production, and billing reconciliation.
- Handle any client requests such as plan changes or budget changes and provide marketplace information.
- Begin to develop stronger working relationship with clients.
- Maintain strong relationships within the Media Community in order to bring innovative/first-to-market opportunities as well as negotiate the most competitive rates possible.
- Utilize 3rd party research tools to develop target consumer profiles and identify strategic buying opportunities.
- Assist in formulating, writing and presenting campaign/media recommendations.
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer and provide regular POV/ media recommendations to Client.
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace and translate learnings into actionable insights.
- Ensure a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Remain abreast of the overall media marketplace, and what opportunities are relevant to Clients
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Media Planning in an Agency environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Desire to produce strong rationale articulately and effectively.
- In-depth knowledge of media planning best practices and processes.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Track record of presenting to clients on a regular basis.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pass a drug screening required.
*Background check required. Required to pass a drug test.